Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pistachio Cups with Mini Chocolate Chips

Well hello again and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this blog. This week's recipe is one that I made a few weeks ago, didn't love, and tweaked slightly. Now I love it, and I brought a tray to my parents' house tonight for Mother's Day and they were a huge hit! (Side note: as a new food blogger, there's nothing more satisfying than hearing rave reviews from your family when they taste test your recipe. Really gives you the extra confidence to share it with your blog followers).



We're gonna keep it kind of simple this weekend. This recipe is so easy to prepare it only requires one picture. Also, instead of my usual step-by-step instructions with photos, I'm just going to list a few things I learned from tweaking this recipe. Trust me, it's all you'll need.

- The first time I made these, I baked the fillo shells for 5 minutes. YOU DON'T NEED TO FOR THIS RECIPE. I thought the flavor of the baked shells was too distinct - it almost overpowered the pistachio filling.

- I'm a HUGE fan of Cool Whip Free, but I found that Cool Whip Lite works better for this recipe. It's slightly creamier, which ends up working out better for this recipe. Since this is basically the main ingredient, flavor/texture plays a major part, and using Lite instead of Free doesn't significantly alter the nutritional information, so I recommend going for it.

- Same for the Jell O pudding mix. First time I made these I used fat free, sugar free mix - this time I used the regular mix. Again, it doesn't alter the nutrition significantly and it really gives the recipe a stronger flavor, so definitely go with the regular stuff if you ever make these.

So without further ado, here's the recipe! Hope you enjoy it. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Until next time!

Ingredients

  • 30 Athens mini fillo shells
  • 4 oz Cool Whip Lite whipped topping (1/2 container)
  • 3/4 package Jell O pistachio pudding and pie filling mix
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 4 tbsp semi sweet mini chocolate chips


Serving size: 1 fillo shell
Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 1

Instructions

  1. Arrange the fillo shells on the serving tray of your choice.
  2. In a small/medium bowl, combine the Cool Whip, Jello O mix, and almond extract. Distribute among the fillo shells.
  3. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the shells. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Nutritional information


No comments:

Post a Comment