Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cheeseburger Cups

Forgive me, bloggers, for I have sinned. I have been absolutely terrible at blogging lately. I know I say it all the time, but life really has been so incredibly busy lately! I'm finally posting today, but guess what? I only have one picture to go with this recipe! I KNOW, I fail at life. I'm sorry!

I do hope you'll forgive me, though, because these Cheeseburger Cups are SO good.



You may see the serving size and think "Two? Two cups? That's all? That's a lot of points for two cups ..." Well let me assure you, I too thought this. I made these and I had extra Weight Watchers points, and I loaded my plate up with three of these bad boys. After the second one, I was completely full (that didn't stop me from eating the third one though - oops).

So yes, two of these cups will be a tasty and satisfying meal. Promise :)


Ingredients


  • 1 package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (8 rolls)
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • Salt, pepper, and garlic powder (to taste)
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 slice part skim American cheese
  • 1 slice part skim provolone cheese


Serving size: 2 cups
Servings per recipe: 4
Weight Watchers Smart Points value: 14


Instructions


  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Lightly spray a muffin pan with no-calorie cooking spray. Separate the biscuits and line 8 of the muffin holes with a biscuit, forming a cup shape as best as you can.
  3. Spray a large skillet with no-calorie cooking spray. Over medium/high heat, cook the beef, using a spoon or spatula to break it apart until all the meat is browned and cooked. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  4. Once the meat is cooked, add the onion to the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ketchup and brown sugar and cook until combined. Remove the skillet from the heat.
  5. Spoon the meat into the crescent roll cups, distributing evenly among the 8 cups. Pop the cups into the oven and cook for 10-11 minutes.
  6. In the meantime, cut each slice of cheese (I used one American and one provolone, but feel free to switch this up) into 4 squares, so you have 8 small squares of cheese. After the cups cook for 10 or 11 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and add a cheese square to the top of each cup. Return to the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese looks gooey.
  7. Transfer the cups to a plate. Drizzle some additional ketchup on top and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment