I do hope you'll forgive me, though, because these Cheeseburger Cups are SO good.
You may see the serving size and think "Two? Two cups? That's all? That's a lot of points for two cups ..." Well let me assure you, I too thought this. I made these and I had extra Weight Watchers points, and I loaded my plate up with three of these bad boys. After the second one, I was completely full (that didn't stop me from eating the third one though - oops).
So yes, two of these cups will be a tasty and satisfying meal. Promise :)
- 1 package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (8 rolls)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 slice part skim American cheese
- 1 slice part skim provolone cheese
Serving size: 2 cups
Servings per recipe: 4
Weight Watchers Smart Points value: 14
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a muffin pan with no-calorie cooking spray. Separate the biscuits and line 8 of the muffin holes with a biscuit, forming a cup shape as best as you can.
- Spray a large skillet with no-calorie cooking spray. Over medium/high heat, cook the beef, using a spoon or spatula to break it apart until all the meat is browned and cooked. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the onion to the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ketchup and brown sugar and cook until combined. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Spoon the meat into the crescent roll cups, distributing evenly among the 8 cups. Pop the cups into the oven and cook for 10-11 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut each slice of cheese (I used one American and one provolone, but feel free to switch this up) into 4 squares, so you have 8 small squares of cheese. After the cups cook for 10 or 11 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and add a cheese square to the top of each cup. Return to the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese looks gooey.
- Transfer the cups to a plate. Drizzle some additional ketchup on top and enjoy!