So let's take a minute and celebrate fall with these Pumpkin S'mores Puffs.
I used Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls to make these. I love the crescent rolls, because depending on what you stuff them with, they can be a delicious appetizer, dinner, or dessert. These S'mores Puffs make an excellent fall dessert, or could even be served at brunch.
For this recipe, I stuffed them with pureed pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
Topping the crescents off with graham cracker crumbs before you bake them to gooey perfection really gives them the S'mores feel.
Once they're done, let them cool - just slightly though - these are definitely most delicious when served warm. If you're preparing them in advance, you can refrigerate them until ready to serve - just pop them in the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes (or the microwave for 15-20 seconds) before serving to make sure the center gets all warm and gooey.
- 1 package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 packet Sweet'N Low (or no-calorie sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (I used Nestle semi-sweet minis)
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
Serving size: 1 puff (recipe yields 8)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with no-calorie spray.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles. Lay them on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream cheese, sweetener, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Distribute evenly among the 8 crescent rolls - be sure to spoon the mixture onto the center of the rolls, as this will make folding them easier.
- Top the mixture with mini marshmallows (there should be enough to place about 3-5 in each crescent). Once this is done, fold the dough over so that the mixture is sealed inside. If necessary, pinch the dough together lightly at the seams.
- Spray the tops of the rolls lightly with no-calorie cooking spray (this will help the graham cracker crumbs stick). Sprinkle the crumbs over the tops of the crescent rolls.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes - you'll know they're done when the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.