Saturday, June 20, 2015

Skinny Chicken BLT Quesadilla

I used to be a weird person who didn't like bacon. I'm still kind of picky about it - I don't like when it's too crispy and I'd rather eat it as a part of a sandwich or inside a recipe than on its own, but I've finally come to love bacon and the flavor it brings to so many dishes.

And I absolutely love a good BLT.




For those of you who don't know, BLT stands for bacon, lettuce, tomato (just covering my grounds here)! It's usually served on a roll or wrap with a ton of mayo and it's delicious. Not the healthiest option, though.

Until now.

By using low-fat mayo, center-cut bacon, and a toasted low-cal wrap, you can eliminate a lot of the fat and calories associated with a traditional BLT. And it tastes just as good, promise! I even added some grilled chicken for extra protein and to bulk this up so it can be eaten for dinner as a meal.

Start by spreading the mayo across the wrap. Layer the lettuce, tomato, and onion across one half of the wrap. 




Next, add the bacon. I cook mine in the microwave. It's easy, fast, and eliminates splatter (nothing worse than being burnt by bacon grease while cooking on the stove). Just put a paper towel on a microwave-safe dish, place your bacon on the paper towel, and place another paper towel on top. Microwave for 60-90 seconds (depending on how crispy you like it) and then crumble it over the wrap.



Next, add the chicken. I seasoned mine with salt,.pepper, and garlic and cooked it on the Foreman grill (8-10 minutes on 375 degrees) but you could also cook it on the stove or grill it - whichever you prefer. Slice the chicken and spread it across the wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.



Now, the hard part - transferring the wrap to the grill. I really recommend using a Foreman is you have one - this way both sides will be grilled at the same time. You can grill the wrap on the stove, but you'll have to keep flipping it and it might be hard to keep everything inside of it. Once it's safely on the grill, fold the half not covered in filling over the other half and let it grill!




I kept my grill on 375 and let it go for about 8 minutes. 



This definitely needs to be eaten with a knife and fork. Anything else would be way too messy! I had mine with a little fat free ranch dressing on the side for dipping, but it doesn't need it.

That's it! Hope you enjoy, and as always, feedback is appreciated!

Until next time!


Ingredients


  • 1 low-calorie wrap (I used a Fiber One 80-calorie white wrap)
  • 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise 
  • 1/2 cup lettuce (I used romaine)
  • 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
  • 1/4 sweet onion, sliced thin
  • 3 slices center cut bacon (I used Oscar Mayer)
  • 1 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked 
  • Salt and pepper, to taste


Serving size: entire recipe
Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 8


Instructions


  1. If you'll be using a foreman to cook this, preheat it to 375.
  2. Lay the wrap on a plate and spread the mayo across it. Arrange the lettuce, tomato, and onion across half of the wrap. 
  3. Cook the bacon in the microwave according to package instructions. Crumble on top of the veggies.
  4. Take the cooked chicken and slice it (I grilled my chicken on the Foreman, but you can cook it on the stove or the grill). Arrange the chicken on top of the bacon. Sprinkle the whole thing with salt and pepper.
  5. Transfer the wrap to the grill (I recommend using a Foreman so you don't need to flip it). Cook for 8-10 minutes. If you're using a pan on the stove, spray the pan with no-calorie cooking spray and flip continuously until the wrap is equally browned on each side.
  6. Transfer to a plate. Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!



Nutritional Information


No comments:

Post a Comment